COE 2026 In the Media
Scroll down to view recent presentations and webinars
- Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: Improving Quality of Life in America, One Community at a Time Posted April 8th, 2021 by Christine Schaefer
- The Improvement Nerds Podcast Episode 23 - Nerding Out about Communities of Excellence with Stephanie Norling by the Green Dot Consulting Group. July 12th, 2020.
- Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: Now is the Time for Your Local Community to Choose Excellence Posted June 11th, 2020 by Harry Hertz
- Kendall, Kay. "Hospitals and Communities of Excellence" Arkansas Hospitals Magazine, Fall 2019, http://www.arkhospitals.org/archive/arkhospmagpdf/AHAFall19.pdf
- Leader Dialogue - LD#32 The Power of the Baldrige Framework - with Lowell C. Kruse https://leaderdialogue.com/ld-32-the-power-of-the-baldridge-framework-with-lowell-c-kruse/
- The Baldrige Foundation 2018-2019 Journal of Performance Excellence: Success for Communities of Excellence 2026 is Good News for Communities across America by Stephanie Norling. Full Journal available on the Baldrige Foundation website.
- The Baldrige Foundation 2017-2018 Journal of Performance Excellence: Communities of Excellence 2026 Expands by Stephanie Norling. Full Journal available on the Baldrige Foundation website.
- Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: How to Get Involved with Baldrige Communities of Excellence Posted March 20th, 2018 by Christine Schaefer
- Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: What's Happening with Communities of Excellence 2026? Posted February 9th, 2017 by Christine Schaefer
- PA Times: Improving Government: Five Stories from Four States Posted November 18th, 2016 by Christine Schaefer
- Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: How the Baldrige Framework is Helping Rural U.S. Communities Posted September 7th, 2016
- Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: When a Community Profiles Itself: What We're Learning Posted August 2nd, 2016
- Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: Update on Communities of Excellence 2026 Posted March 31st, 2016
- Blogrige, the official Baldrige Blog: Community Focused Excellence: Something New on the Horizon Posted February 19th, 2015
- St Joseph Missouri News Press: Partner Improves Region's Prospects
- St Joseph Missouri News Press: Community Foundation to Pursue Pilot Region Project
- The Spring Issue of the National Civic Review:“25 Years of Healthy Communities Part 2″ Kruse, L. and Norling, R. (2014), Communities of Excellence 2026. Nat Civic Rev, 103: 53–54.
October 6th, 2020 - The History of Communities of Excellence 2026 from Chair Lowell Kruse. In August we recorded Lowell Kruse talking about COE 2026, how we formed, and why we believe this work is important. The result is 2 videos. The short version is 23 minutes long. The complete presentation is 55 minutes long.
Introduction to Communities of Excellence 2026 - A 9 minute presentation on Communities of Excellence 2026 including background on our organization, why we exist, and why we believe that adopting a Baldrige-based Framework is the approach communities need to address inequities and improve quality of life for residents
January 16th, 2020 - The Partnership for Excellence, Oklahoma Quality and Southwest Alliance for Excellence monthly webinar - Update on Communities of Excellence 2026. In this hour long webinar COE 2026 Director Stephanie Norling provides a brief history of Communities of Excellence 2026, background on the Communities of Excellence Framework and the National Learning Collaborative, and concludes with stories from participating communities.
May 16th, 2019 - National Learning Collaborative Informational Webinar- This presentation by Stephanie Norling, Director of Communities of Excellence 2026. provides a history of our organization, an introduction to the Communities of excellence framework, as well as details on how to join our National Learning Collaborative's next cohort. Special guest presenter Angela Brandt provides the details of Toledo, Ohio's community excellence journey and panelists Lowell Kruse, Brenda Grant, Brian Lassiter and Manuel Castaneda add their insights to the conversation. Download the slides here
March 28th, 2019 - The Baldrige Foundation Quarterly Webinar - in addition to organizational updates from Baldrige Foundation President and CEO Al Faber, Baldrige Performance Excellence Program Director Bob Fangmeyer, and Alliance for Performance Excellence Chair Brian Lassiter, this quarter's webinar features a presentation by Stephanie Norling, Director of Communities of Excellence 2026. Watch the webinar here.
January 17th, 2019 - The Partnership for Excellence monthly webinar - special guest Communities of Excellence 2026 Director Stephanie Norling. In this hour long webinar Stephanie provides a brief history of Communities of Excellence 2026, background on the Communities of Excellence Framework and the National Learning Collaborative, and concludes with stories from participating communities.
Parts I and II of the 2017 National Baldrige Quest for Excellence Conference Breakout Session: Communities of Excellence 2026: San Diego's Journey. Presented April 3rd, 2017 by Stephanie Norling and Anabel Poole.
Part I of a Learning Lab series on Communities of Excellence 2026: Using a Baldrige Framework to Drive Transformation. This five part series will share a framework for a systems-based approach to facilitating “community performance excellence”. Beginning with background context and the “why” of this approach, the series will also share success stories from high-performing communities and key learnings from field experts. It will culminate in a focus on sustainability and spreading what works.
Part II of our series: Using Baldrige to Drive Transformation. This Learning Lab centers on square-one fundamentals of a framework-based approach to community transformation, as well as context for this area of innovation. Participants will get to know the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence and why it was adapted for community transformation, learn key features of the Communities of Excellence Framework, and identify first steps that a community can take.
Part III: Learning From San Diego - Building Safe, Healthy, and Thriving Communities through Collaboration. This Learning Lab will center on how government, non-profit, and business organizations in San Diego are using a Baldrige framework to create a safe, healthy, and thriving community for diverse residents. The effort is part of the Live Well San Diego initiative, which began in 2010 as a health improvement strategy, and evolved into a more holistic community improvement project.
Part IV: Continue Learning From San Diego - COE Framework Aligning Community and Organization. Guest Presenter Anabel Poole will discuss San Diego County’s Health and Human Services Agency Baldrige journey and how implementing the Communities of Excellence Framework has resulted in key insights regarding the way the Agency operates in the community.
Part V: The Role of Values-based Leadership - Starting the Community Conversation. Rick Norling, Vice-Chair and Co-Founder of Communities of Excellence 2026 will discuss the values that we believe underpin a Community of Excellence, the importance of community leaders that role model those values–based behaviors and how they can be reinforced to strengthen community partnerships. Guest Presenter Brenda Grant, Chief Strategy Officer at Charleston Area Medical Center will share experiences from the leadership team in Charleston of these values in action, what had to be in place to achieve them and how they’ve evolved. Brenda has worked extensively with the development, implementation, and long term success of community health programs and collaborative health networks at the Charleston Area Medical Center Health System.
From the 2016 National Baldrige Quest for Excellence Conference: Using Baldrige to Improve Community Outcomes. Presented April 5th, 2016 by Brian Lassiter, Max Summers, and Stephanie Norling