Who Should Participate?
This Learning Collaborative is designed for communities of any size or complexity who are committed to the journey to community performance excellence. They must recognize that meaningful, lasting change does not happen overnight, but takes all sectors and all generations of the community working towards a shared community vision with shared community values.
We work with communities ranging from small rural communities of 7,500 residents to a large urban region of over 1 million residents. What they have in common are cross-sector, inter-generational groups of formal and informal community leaders who are willing to commit the time, energy and resources to apply the principles of community performance excellence to their community with a committed backbone organization to support them.
We are looking for communities that:
- Have a pre-existing community leadership team representing all sectors and generations. This could take many forms including regional coalitions or a pre-existing collaborative;
- OR have commitments from members of key sectors such as health, education, business, government, social services and safety, as well as generations to participate.
- Have an identified backbone organization(s) that provides the ongoing support required to sustain the effort and serve as the key contact.
- Are willing to share generously and commit the time and resources required to meaningfully engage in implementing the Communities of Excellence framework.
- Have individuals engaged that possess a knowledge of Baldrige Performance Excellence Principles or a strong desire to learn.