This course is full for 2023. Please check back regularly for new programs. Thank you!
Community development work is complex.
Having a proven framework and support network can help you:
- Be more inclusive by engaging a team with members from all community sectors and resident groups,
- Discover how to prioritize, make decisions, and accomplished shared goals more effectively,
- Enable a higher level of community involvement, resource alignment, and collaborative performance,
- Enhance your community’s ability to assess progress and achieve equitable outcomes.
Join us for this 8-week introductory course to learn how an inclusive systems approach can broaden your base of support and move your community’s shared activities and goals from aiming in many different directions to more effectively working toward one common vision.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone interested in leading meaningful change in their community by bringing people together to meet the challenges of the moment while ensuring excellence well into the future.
This course is designed for:
- Community practitioners
- City, municipal, county and state officials
- Community volunteers and organizers
- Nonprofit and community-based organizations
- Chamber of commerce and economic development agencies
- Local businesses
- Residents and resident groups
Through presentations, case studies, guest speakers, exercises and group discussions, this course will teach you how to use the Communities of Excellence Framework to create approaches, options, and solutions to collaboratively enact meaningful change in your community. It highlights practical steps and considerations one must take to make sustainable progress.
COURSE LAYOUT AND INVESTMENT
8-Week Course – STARTS THURSDAY, MARCH 30TH, 2023!
- Weekly 1-hour sessions every Thursday at 12:00 pm PT | 3:00 pm ET
- $600/person or $1475/group of 3 from one community or organization
Register before February 10th for the Early Bird Discount of $500/person or $1200/group of 3 from one community or organization.
- Introduction to Communities of Excellence
- The Community Profile
- Your Community Excellence Group Part I
- Your Community Excellence Group Part II
- Community Excellence Group Planning
- Developing Systems of Excellence
- Measuring Progress and Results
- Beginning Your Journey
READY TO BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY?
Please register by filling out this form or by contacting Stephanie Norling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration deadline on Monday, March 27th, 2023 or until the class fills.